Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hello Everyone!

This past week, Barcelona became league champion (in soccer, of course) for the third year in a row, and on Friday night there was a big celebration/parade. The team took a tour from the port to their stadium in a double decker bus with an open top, and tons of people came out to see them. I went with a couple of friends and we saw them go by once, then took a short cut to get ahead of them again, then walked/ran alongside the bus until they got to the stadium. It was fun to see the players up close and to see all the Barça fans going crazy. Here are some pictures:




On Saturday I went with my friend, Katie, to Figueres to see the Dali Museum. Figueres is about 2 hours away by train, and this time, the ride was quite comfortable. We decided to get on the train a stop earlier so that we could get seats. We did, and we had a very nice train ride talking and listening to our ipods and watching the Spanish countryside go by. The Dali museum in Figueres was definitely worth seeing, even though I am not a huge fan of Salvador Dali. However we had just learned about him in my Catalan art class, and it was very interesting to see his works and the museum that he designed for them. Here it is from the outside:


I had a great morning at church today. Our pastor preached on A Church with a Passion for the Church, talking about seeing the church as God sees it, loving it like He loves it, and serving and loving one another in and through the local church. I realized that this is something that my church here is really good at, and am so happy to have been a part of it for a while here. Tonight the youth pastor who is also a singer is performing the songs from his new CD as the last part of the celebration of the church's 6 year anniversary. 

Well, things are winding down here. I have one and half papers left to write, and three final exams left to go in the next four weeks. Apart from that, I'm planning my last few weekends, the thing that I'm most excited about being a trip to the Pyrenees, hopefully complete with a hike that crosses the border into France!

Well, that's all for now. Hope you all are well!

Love, 
Kori

No comments:

Post a Comment