Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I think I'm going to spend a lot of time here."

Hi everyone,

This Friday I went with some friends to the beach and then to Parc de la Ciudadela, and in both places I said, "I think I'm going to spend a lot of time here," and then I realized I had been saying that about lots of places. But really, I want to spend a lot of time on the beach and hanging out in Parc de la Ciudadela. The beach was delightful. We sat out on a blanket, had a picnic, laid down and napped/chatted/read for a while out under the sun. It looked much warmer than it actually was, since it is still February, so after a while we decided to go walk around in Parc de la Ciudadela.

Parc de la Cuidadela was the discovery of the weekend for sure. It's entrance is the Arco de Triunfo, followed by a plaza-like space, and then the park with a huge and gorgeous fountain, a pond with paddle boats, benches and grassy areas, and a huge statue of a Mammoth. Some pictures:


There's not a whole lot else to tell about this week. It was really tough to get back in the mood to go to class and do homework after that weekend in Sevilla. I keep feeling like I'm on vacation, which makes it hard to be productive. On Thursday I had my first meeting with GBU (grupos biblicos universitarios) and we started planning a study of John that we will be publicizing on campus and trying to get people to come. The group is made up of 5 or 6 Americans, 3 Spaniards, 1 Colombian, and 1 Brit, so it's quite international. On Saturday I went to a GBU seminar on how to prepare and lead an inductive Bible study. This time, the group was mostly Spaniards with a few Americans mixed in. I tried to add to the conversation a couple of times, but was a little frustrated because I couldn't express myself in Spanish as well as I would have liked. I went to church this morning, and absolutely loved it once again. 

I guess that's all for now. Take care, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment