Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hi Everyone!

It's less than 24 hours before I head out to Barcelona! I can't believe it's almost here already.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, mine sure was. I had a whole month to relax and spend time with my family. No papers, no tests, no stress, just doing things for fun. We skied, sledded, played lots of board games and card games, and spent a lot of time on the new Wii that Santa brought this year. It was good to just be home for a while. I really miss getting to see Nick and Joe's games, and this break I got to watch them both dominate on the basketball court. I also got to read for fun, which hardly ever happens at Vandy, sadly. I read the Chronicles of Narnia again, which I love, and I'm halfway through East of Eden, which I will probably finish en route to Barcelona. It was also good to see everyone at my church in Rifle again, as well as reconnect with some good friends from home. I said goodbye to my family yesterday morning, and now I'm at my Papa and Grammy's house getting ready to leave for the airport early tomorrow morning.

I'll start meeting people in my program tomorrow in the airport in Newark, leave on the same flight as one of them at 7:00 eastern time, and arrive in Barcelona at 9:00 on Monday morning. I'll be picked up from the airport, and then start my orientation in Barcelona. On Tuesday morning I'll move in with my host family, and the next day will be the beginning of our two week intensive Spanish class. Semester-long classes at the study abroad center and at the University of Barcelona will start around the second week of February. I'm excited to meet new people, and see new places in Barcelona, other parts of Spain, and hopefully in some other countries too. I'll keep you posted!

Take care!

1 comment: